This plugin provides a Google News XML Sitemap for WordPress that lists the most recent 1000 articles published in the past two days that are marked to be included in an auto-generated Google Sitemap News XML file in accordance with the standards detailed on the Creating a Google News sitemap page here: https://support.google.com/news/publisher/answer/74288?hl=en-GB
The plugin provides the following settings that allow control over the Google News sitemap XML file:
- Publication Name
- Publication Language
- Sitemap URL
- Post Types
- Auto Promote Posts in Category
These settings are configurable on a global level and can be overridden on a post-by-post basis via a meta box that is available above the publish options meta box.
If you have some examples of sites using this plugin then please get in touch and I will add them to the list.
== Installation ==
1. Unzip the wordpress-google-news-sitemap.zip file.
2. Upload the the wordpress-google-news-sitemap folder (not just the files in it!) to your wp-contents/plugins folder. If you're using FTP, use 'binary' mode.
== Changelog ==
= 1.2.1 =
* Bug fixing last commit.
* Providing better defaults for genres.
= 1.2.0 =
* Changed input type for Genre to textfield due to Google changing guidance on Genre labels. Use a comma separated list of Genre values for this field - thanks to @w-sky for highlighting this issue.
* Tested against WP 4.8.2
= 1.1.6 =
* Fixed non-english character entities in post titles.
* Fixed saving configuration options arrays.
= 1.1.5 =
* Fixed PHP warning on Add Post screen.
= 1.1.4 =
* Tweaking default settings.
= 1.1.3 =
* Bug fixing beta tests.
= 1.1.2 =
* First public release!